Odessa//Batumi Photo days festival has announced the first names and details of the festival program in April in Odessa and started accepting applications for the workshops. For those, who will be accepted on the basis of their portfolio, the participation will be free of charge.
Educational program of Odessa//Batumi Photo days festival includes lectures, workshops and evening screenings. The workshops are an opportunity to get unique knowledge from the leading world photographers and curators. The work is carried on in small groups about 10-15 people each for the period of 2-3 days. The working language is English.
WHEN: Odessa, 13-17 of April. The exact dates of each workshop will be specified later.
- Scott Davis (San Diego, USA), topic «Determination of photographic sight. Photography and space”.
- Tomash Hruza (Prague, the Czech Republic), topic “Photography and Installation”.
- Adam Panchuk (Warsaw, Poland), topic «Interaction of man and space in photography ».
What you should know about participation in a workshop:
- Participation in a workshop is free. Groups are formed on a competitive basis.
- The chosen participants are to donate 200 UAH as an organizational fee, which will cover the technical, domestic expenses and hand-out material.
- The basic elementary knowledge of English is compulsory! (A volunteer interpreter will be present in the group, but only the key questions will be translated, there will be no full translation. If necessary, the interpreter will help a participant to express their own thoughts).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
To take part in any of the workshops within the program of the Odessa//Batumi Photo days-2016 festival one should fill in the form, attach a motivation letter to it (up to 500 words) and send their portfolio of 10 photos (72 dpi, 800 pixels on the long side) and specify the chosen workshop.
Photographers from Ukraine and all countries of Eastern Europe can take part in the competition.
Applications are accepted till 22:00 March 1st, 2016.
The results of the contest will be known after the 15 of March.
The workshops are organized with the support of the Embassy of the United States in Ukraine, Czech Center in Kiev and Culture.pl.