For the first time in the frames of the International festival Odessa//Batumi Photo days, the presentation of new photo books will take a place. It may be author’s or collective books that were issued and created in the period 2016-2017.
This is an opportunity to tell about your photo project, transferred in the format of books, and at the same time to present it to the international curators and ukrainian publishers.
The format of presentations – 10 presentations, each 10 minutes/10 slides, questions and discussion after all presentations.
We accept applications for participation!
- Applications can be accepted until 31 March, 2017
- Send us max 10 photos of the finished photo book and a brief description (300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org address
- All the photos should have a signature Name_ title of a book_ year of publication_ the number of the photo (for example – Shevchenko_Chornobil _2016_1 )
- Subject – Photobooks 2017
- The book can be published or exist in one author’s copy.
- Year of publication/ book’s creation — 2016-2017
The books for the presentation will be selected by invited designer – Martyna Wyrzykowska.
Martyna Wyrzykowska (Warsaw, Poland) is a graphic designer in Warsaw, Poland. She is interested in design as a form of communication, with focusing on research and visual stories, while having a great passion to book’s design. Martina has conducted numerous educational programs and workshops of the photo books, together with the Foundation Paper Beats Rock, in which she is a co-founder, and currently works in the team of art education Azimuth Press.
There is a sales opportunity of books during the presentation (10% from each sold copy – to the organizers).
The presentation will take a place on 22 April in the Odessa regional scientific library named by M. Grushevsky.